This is a PRO feature
Email marketing is a great way for you to reach an engaged audience and deliver targeted campaigns to them. Linktree wants to encourage this form of engagement with your audience as much as possible so we have created an Email Signup link field for you to do just that!
You can add an Email Signup link field to your Linktree so your visitors can easily sign up to your mailing lists in just two clicks.
The Email Signup link field is displayed as a button that looks just like your other links, but when your visitors click it, instead of sending them off to another page, it turns into an email input field.
Tip: You can check how many visitors have signed up to your mailing list via your Email Signup link in the Analytics section of your Admin.
To add an Email Signup link field follow the steps below:
1. Log in to your Linktree Admin
2. Go to your 'Mailing List Integrations' section found in the 'Settings' tab
3. Scroll down to 'Integrations'
4. You will see a heading called 'Email Signup'. Click the toggle button to enable the feature
5. The settings are split into two sections. 'Display' and 'Storage'.
Display: The text that you want your visitors to see
Storage: Where you're storing the signups. You can select to send your contacts directly to Mailchimp, or to a Google Sheet spreadsheet.
1. Set the 'Button Text' field. This is the text that is on the button for visitors to click. Make it catchy!
2. Set the 'Success Message' field. This is the message that visitors are shown after they successfully submit their email addresses.
For all your Email Signups to flow straight into your Mailchimp account, you need to connect it via the Mailchimp API
1. Log in to MailChimp
2. Navigate to the API keys screen, by clicking on your username in the top right corner and select 'account'. Then click 'Extras' and select API Keys.
3. Now scroll down and press 'Create a Key'
4. Copy the newly generated Key, and paste it into the 'API' field in Linktree. That's all for this part!
5. Select the list you would like your new email signups to go into, from the drop-down list that appears.
Make sure you only have the 'Email' field selected in your Mail Chimp list. At the moment, Linktree can only capture email addresses
For all your Email Signups to flow straight into a sheet in your Google Sheets account follow these steps:
Select Google Sheet icon under the storage section
Click the Authorize Google Sheet button
Log in with your Google Account. Once this process is done, your google account will be authorized with Linktree
Navigate to a Google Sheet that you would like your contacts to flow into
Copy the URL of the Google Sheet
Paste it into the Google Sheet URL field
You will need to ensure you are creating a Google Spreadsheet from the same Google Account you authorized in your Linktree.
Your contact will now flow into this Google Sheet. One column for the email address, and one column for the signup date.
You will now see the button enabled on your profile.
Zapier Webhook Trigger
Sign up for a Zapier account here
Once logged in, click 'Make a Zap'
Search and select 'Webhooks by Zapier'
Choose the option 'Catch Hook' and hit continue
Copy the Zap URL
Head to your Linktree Admin
In the Setting tab under email or SMS signup hit the Zapier icon
Paste the URL in 'Custom Webhook URL'
Head back to Zapier and hit continue
Hit 'Test Trigger', if it is unsuccessful repeat Steps 5 through 8
Choose an App & Event you want to automate
Send new leads a personal message using Gmail
Add a subscriber to Campaign Monitor, Klaviyo, or Mailchimp
Update your Google Sheets
Send updates to your Slack
Send Twilio SMS messages
Click here to learn more.
If you have any questions, please contact our customer support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.