What is the Facebook Pixel?
The Facebook Custom Audience Pixel makes conversion tracking, optimization, and remarketing easier than ever. Once it's placed on your website, you can do the following on Facebook and Instagram:
Measure cross-device conversions: See how your customers are moving between devices before they convert.
Optimize delivery to people likely to take action: Ensure your ads are being seen by people most likely to take the action you want them to take, like make a purchase or fill out a form.
Automatically build audiences for website visitors to retarget: Create Custom Audiences for people who take specific actions on your website, like visiting a product page, adding a product to their cart, or purchasing a product.
Create Lookalike Audiences. Find more people who are similar to your best customers.
Run dynamic product ads. Create relevant and timely ads on Facebook based on the products people have visited on your website.
Access Audience Insights. Get rich insights about the people who visit your website.
🔔 Note: This feature hasn’t reached the Linktree app just yet, but you can still add a Facebook Pixel in your web browser by following the steps below.
How do I integrate Facebook Pixel with Linktree?
To get started, all you need to do is create your Facebook Pixel and then copy and paste your Pixel ID into your Linktree settings.
Here's the easiest way to get your Pixel ID:
1. Go to the Facebook Events Manager.
2. Press SET UP PIXEL.
3. Press Email Instructions.
4. Copy-paste the Pixel ID displayed.
5. Head to the Settings tab in your Linktree Admin and go to the Analytics section to paste your Pixel ID in the field.
6. Once you've added your Pixel ID, you'll need to go back to Facebook Event Manager to generate a Facebook Access Token.
7. In the Event Manager, go to the Settings tab.
8. Under Conversions API, select Generate Access Token under the Set up manually section and follow the prompts.
9. Once you have your Token, copy your Token and head back to the Settings tab in your Linktree Admin.
10. Scroll down to the Analytics section again.
11. Click the pencil icon on the right-hand side of your Pixel ID that you pasted in step five.
12. Paste your Token in the available field right below your Pixel ID.
Once you've put your Facebook Pixel ID in the field provided, the Facebook Pixel will be fired on every Linktree profile visit and will track the audience for you to use on Facebook.
The following pixel events will fire:
On every Linktree view - PageView event will fire.
On every link click - linkClick event will fire.
🔔 Note: If you need to check for event deduplication for your linkClick, select Event Details on the lower right-hand corner and then the Event overview option.
If you're using the Facebook Pixel Helper, this is what the tool will show after a user has clicked a link on your Linktree.
If you see a red notification on your Pixel, this means that you'll need to allow the Linktree domain.
Click the Diagnostics tab in your Events Manager.
You'll see a warning noting that there is a new domain sending data. Click Learn how to fix this issue at the bottom of the page.
Select the Manage Traffic Permissions button, which will take you to the Settings tab of your Events Manager.
Under the Settings tab, scroll down to Traffic permissions at the bottom and click Create Allow List.
In the Linktr.ee domain click Add to allow list option under the Permissions column.
Click Confirm to add to the allow list.
Refresh your browser and the red notification should be removed.
🔔 Note: You don't have to verify your Linktree page as your domain in Facebook Business Manager.
Tags: #Facebook #Analytics #Events #EventTracking #Pixels