TikTok has been slowly rolling out the ability for its users to add a link on their TikTok bios and some Linktree users with access to the feature are already seeing traffic spikes from TikTok!
The new feature will allow you to use your Linktree to drive your TikTok audience to new content, products, brand partnerships, their other social channels, and more.
First off, it’s important to note that TikTok doesn’t allow all of its users to add bio website links at this time. TikTok is keeping their criteria for who can and can’t access the feature under wraps for now, but has confirmed with us that all business accounts have access to this functionality. It also appears that verified users and users with over 1,000 followers on the platform are able to unlock the feature.
Here’s how to add a Linktree to your TikTok profile:
Copy your Linktree URL however’s easiest. You can always grab your Linktree from your admin dashboard by clicking the ‘Share’ button in the top right.
Sign into TikTok, and go to your profile page and click on “Edit profile.”
If your TikTok profile has access to add a bio link, you’ll see a “Website” field among all of the other options provided on the “Edit profile” screen, like so:
If bio linking hasn’t been unlocked on your TikTok profile, this “Website” field will not appear.
Step #4 (if this applies to you)
If TikTok doesn’t display a website field for you, converting your profile into a business account will guarantee that you have access to add a Linktree to your TikTok bio. If you’re a business (or a creator willing to identify themselves as a business) and you’d like to link out from your bio on TikTok, this is a great way to go.
When you use Linktree in your TikTok bio, you’re giving your audience on TikTok the opportunity to connect with your entire online ecosystem from a single link!
That’s it! Your TikTok profile and videos are now live on your Linktree.
TikTok has had a lot happening recently, and we've got the recap on the latest features 🗞️ Host with multiple guests on TikTok Live, give your content a glow up with new editing options, post photo carousels through TikTok Photo Mode, share what you're doing in real time via TikTok Now—and so much more! Which of these TikTok releases has you hyped? #tiktokstrategy #tiktokgrowth #tiktokfeatures #tiktoknews #socialmediaupdates #creatornews #tiktokgrowth #tiktoknow #tiktokphotomode #socialmediagrowth #socialmediamanager #livestreaming♬ original sound - Linktree
How to display your TikTok profile and videos on your Linktree
Sharing your TikTok videos is easier when you use our TikTok Profile Link App. This feature allows you to display your TikTok profile and showcase up to six TikTok videos so your fans can watch your videos directly on your Linktree.
Show off your profile and embed your videos to create an experience that your fans won’t be able to resist watching.
💡Tip: On our paid plans, you can use our Spotlight Link option so that your TikTok video link opens up as soon as a visitor lands on your Linktree.
Steps to add a TikTok Profile Link App
- In your Linktree Admin, hit the Explore button.
- Find the TikTok Profile Link App under the Share your content section.
- Select Add next to the TikTok profile option.
- Give your link a Title.
- Hit Add TikTok account to connect your TikTok account.
- Follow the prompts to log in to your TikTok account and hit Authorize to authorize Linktree’s access to your TikTok account.
- A message notifying you that you’ve connected your account will appear. Add an integration name to organize this connection.
- In the Link Behavior section, choose the option for how you want to display your profile or you can select to Go directly to URL.
- If you select Display TikTok profile and videos, a videos setting will appear. Select up to six videos in the order that you’d like them to appear along with your profile. Hit Save.
- If you select Display TikTok profile only, it’ll show your profile details on your Linktree and a Follow on TikTok button will be presented to your visitors to prompt them to follow your account.
💡Tip: You can add another account if you have multiple TikTok accounts that you want to display on your Linktree.
Steps to add a TikTok Video Link App
- In your Linktree Admin, hit the Explore button.
💡 Tip: You can also copy and paste your TikTok video URL to trigger the TikTok link detection and set up your link.
- Find the TikTok Video Link App under the Share your content section.
- Select Add next to the TikTok video option.
- Paste a TikTok video URL in the URL field.
- A new TikTok icon with setting options will appear below your video URL.
- Select the option Display a TikTok video. If you want to link straight off to your TikTok, you can select Go directly to URL.
You’re all done! Your TikTok video will now display directly on your Linktree.
Watch this blog and follow Linktree on TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for more updates and best practices on how to use your Linktree everywhere.